sunset

sunset

Wednesday 6 June 2012

A Rainy Night

Recently I went through my drawers and found many diaries and bits of paper in which I wrote. . . My my! I used to write a lot though half of them are not complete or are just trash. The following one, dated 28/7/10, 11.12pm caught my attention.


      It is pitch black outside the window. The frequency of the rain keeps changing minute by minute. For a while I stood near the window listening to their angry voices. Yes! The downpour was so heavy that I could actually hear it scolding me.


     I drew in a long breath. The smell of earth filled my nostrils. I could feel the plants rejoicing in the rain. The leaves would be void of dust and dirt. The rain purifying them from the inside of its soul. I listened carefully for secret messages from the nature's tears, but I received none. Was that a simple visit? I closed the window and the rain splattered on the window as if they didn't want me to go.


       Do they miss me like I miss my soul?

2 comments: