sunset

sunset

Monday 13 August 2012

Music- Ecstasy, love, bliss and passion


Music has always been a passion for me. Though I haven’t learned to sing or play any sort of instruments, I have always admired singers and instrumentalists. I have had loads of friends who were good singers. Maybe that’s why anything related to songs attract me. I love songs that have a good beat, whatever genre it is in. There was a time when I simply liked the songs-filmy ones or albums- just because they were good to hear. Later on I began to give more importance to lyrics. Even if the songs are boring I used to listen just to get the lyrics, some of them which bring out the emotions inside you easily. Then again as time passed on, I began to notice about the voices. I get easily turned on by people with good voices. I don’t remember when it all started but I do remember falling head over heels hearing RJ Rakesh’s voice from Club FM who did a show called Love Bytes. The disappointing thing was they play the same set of songs again and again. But I always tuned in from 10pm to 12pm daily just to hear his voice :P Yeah I know. weirdo!!!

There were times when I got really paranoid about some of the songs (I still do ;) ). That times my ringtone, message tone, alarm tone, favorite playlist etc would consist of that particular song only. I would listen to it about 50 times daily. My status updates in all social networks and messengers would be its lyrics. I Google all available information about the singers, the scenes, the movie, the plot, the composer, the lyricist etc. People say even if you love a song so dearly listening to it after a while bores you. Not me!!! I still listen to my favorite songs over and over again. I thought to list down the songs, the ones I remember, that took me to paranoiac state :D

  1. Song: Kangal Irandal
Movie: Subramaniapuram (Tamil, 2008)
Singers: Deepa Mariam, Belly Raj
Lyrics: Yughabarathi
Music: James Vasandhan
Genre: Soundtrack
Cast: Swathi, Jai

*It was when Orkut was in limelight. I didn’t change my status for a very long time :D

  1. Song: Pookal pookum
Movie: Madrasapattinam (Tamil, 2010)
Singers: Harini, Roop Kumar Rathod , Andrea Jeremiah, G.V.Prakas
Lyrics: Na.Muthukumar
Music: G.V Prakash (my favorite :* )
Cast: Arya, Amy Jackson

*Friends said its weird to see me wearing t-shirt and jeans and having a classical ringtone for my mobile :P who cares!!!

  1. Song: Aaromale
Movie: Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya (Tamil, 2010, though I heard this song on January 2012 only)
Singers: Alphons Joseph
Lyrics: Kaithapram
Music: A.R.Rahman
Genre: Psychedelic rock
Cast: Silambarasan, Thrisha

*Don’t know why my mom and most of the friends didn’t like this song much but it just makes me go crazy, even nowJ. I never understood why Darshana sang this ALL the time (before me hearing the original soundtrack :P ).  She sang the part ‘aaromlee..’ like some crazy rock star. But then I got curious when I listened to one of my friends, Abhay, sang the same song while performing at CET’s Dhwani’12 eastern orchestra competition. After that only I downloaded the song and huff!! Then I knew why she sang all the time :P. I still wonder why my windows didn’t break due to my speaker’s volume :P

An interesting fact about this song is that it was made in just about 4 hours!!!

  1. Song: Thaai Thindra Manne (cholan ecstasy and classical version)
Movie: Aayirathil Oruvan (Tamil, 2010, though I heard the song towards the end of 2011 only)
Singers: Vijay Yesudas, Nithyasree Mahadevan, Shri Krishna
Lyrics: Vairamuthu
Music: G.V.Prakash
Cast: Parthiepan, Reema Sen

*One of my friends, Govind, recommended this song along with the song ‘Penmane...’ from the same movie.

  1. Song: Muthuchippi poloru
Movie: Thattathin Marayathu (Malayalam, 2012)
Singers: Sachin Warrier, Remya Nambeesan
Lyrics: Anu Elizabeth Jose
Music: Shaan Rahman
Cast: Nivin Pauly, Isha Talwar

*I still remember opening my mouth when I first heard the song in the theatre. It was actually Remya Nambeesan’s voice that captured my attention. It was like haunting and soothing your soul at the same time. Later on only I noticed Sachin’s voice and after that it was about 2-3 weeks of replaying the button again and again :D :P And the scenes are also simply amazing- kudos to the cinematographer. Although I'm not a student of LBS anymore, when I heard Sachin Warrier is coming for the union arts club inauguration, me and my friends woke up early and went to my ex-alma mater, just to hear his voice :P And that's when I heard 'Namosthuthe...' properly when he sang. I didn't notice the song much while watching TM but now. . . Sigh!!! 

  1. Song: Namosthuthe
Movie: Thattathin Marayathu (Malayalam, 2012)
Singers: Arun Alat

*And this is my recent crush or I don’t know what to call it. I sleep listening to this ‘devi shuthi’ , wakes up listening to this, currently my alarm tone and ringtone :D. Problem is I’m forgetting to attend calls nowadays :P I feel like getting positive energy listening to this song, bringing all positive thoughts, feeling lighter, and my mind and head feels clean. . . It’s actually Sanskrit with fusion music (I guess that’s what you call it). The English translation along with the lyrics can be found here.


And with that I bow onto you :) Thanks for reading :)

5 comments:

  1. Ah first comment :D Btw, most girls I know have had a huge crush on 'Rockesh' from club fm, so you're no weirdo :P

    Hi five on the tee-shirt and classical music :D One of my roomies seems consistently surprised by the stuff I play in my lappie sometimes, going from metal to Bach to MSG's Manavyalakim all on a single night.. but then again, if you enjoy all of these, it more pleasure to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe thanks :D people might label me as mental if they see my playlist... :P classical+old mala/hindi songs+instrumentals+metallica :P + ... etc :D

      Delete
  2. I am a maharashtrian..but deep into sounds and music...This particular soung is sheer pleasure...Muthuchippi poloru

    Can u translate it for me? or give me a link where it is translated...I cannot find it on the net!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be able to translate the song without losing it's charm. Check out the following link-the bottom most comment.

      http://lyricwaves.blogspot.in/2012/06/muthuchippi-poloru-thattathin-marayathu.html

      Delete
  3. do you listen to hindi songs? i too have listened to some of the songs from above on a loop.. keep writing.

    ReplyDelete